Jeff is wrapping up an engagement as a remote developer at Outpace Systems, an agile startup building offer management and analaytics tools. Some previous relevant contracts:
- Grange Insurance in Columbus, OH. Helped a half-dozen teams cohere and streamline their delivery processes, with a focus on improving their story and acceptance test definition.
- VirtualHold in Akron, OH. Helped a number of teams improve their ability to test-drive software, control their legacy codebase, and improve their "specification by example" testing.
- Progressive in Cleveland, OH. Delivered numerous training classes on automating tests via Fitnesse.
- Cisco in San Jose, CA. Delivered training on TDD and continuous design.
- AgileDC 2012
- Marion Correctional Institution Tech Conference, 2010. Keynote speaker
- World Congress for Business Analysts, 2007
- Agile Developers Conference, 2004
- OOPSLA, 2001
- SD East, 2001
- numerous local user group meeting presentations
- Pragmatic Unit Testing in Java 8 with JUnit (Pragmatic Bookshelf, 2015). A near-complete overhaul of Andy Hunt/Dave Thomas's 2003 entry-level book on unit testing.
- Modern C++ Programming with Test-Driven Development (Pragmatic Bookshelf, 2013). A test-driven approach to C++ development.
- Agile in a Flash (Pragmatic Bookshelf, 2011), with Tim Ottinger. A deck of agile "flash" cards that act as great aids for agile team members and coaches.
- Clean Code (Prentice Hall PTR, 2008). Contributed two chapters (on clean classes and emergent design) to Uncle Bob's bestselling book on code design.
- Agile Java (Prentice Hall PTR, 2005). Teaches Java programming, OO, and TDD, all in one fell swoop.
- Essential Java Style (Prentice Hall PTR, 1999). A style guide for Java programming, patterned after Kent Beck's Smalltalk Best Practice Patterns.
- Articles: See http://langrsoft.com/index.php/resources/published-articles for a list of 100+ articles. Most articles are published at sites or old-school print magazines that include PragPub, Software Development magazine, Developer.com, InformIT, and C/C++ Users Journal.
- See also http://agileinaflash.blogspot.com/, http://langrsoft.com/jeff/, and http://langrsoft.com/blog/blog.shtml for numerous blog entries.