**About the Role**
Both strong leaders and advocates, XP/Lean Coaches are both educators and coaches with great interpersonal skills, teaching abilities, and a capacity to inspire and motivate. In order to stay ahead, XP/Lean Coaches constantly learn from colleagues, and continuously improve.
The XP/Lean Coach mentors across the client organization and between team boundaries on XP/Lean principles, providing them with skills and techniques to help them improve their work. They are embedded with their teams hands-on in the code helping the teams identify and refactor code smells, provide training sessions and teach valuable skills that lead toward positive outcomes.
As a mentor, the XP/Lean Coach is responsible for guiding teams, providing employees with feedback and means of improvement, catalyzing organizational growth and answering questions. They provide hands-on support to employees, collaborating with people across widely varying levels and roles, leading teams toward continuous improvement.
Coaches apply Lean and Agile processes, principles and practices across levels and departments in an organization. The XP/Lean Coach uses techniques that increase collaboration, improve flow, predictability, transparency, improve code safety, and promote a culture of experimentation and innovation.
**Primary Duties and Responsibilities**
We’re looking for a coach with a proactive mindset, someone inspired and passionate that will enhance the overall effectiveness of our coaching team. Our successful candidate is a strong critical thinker, reliable and transparent, with an ability to learn and communicate. We’re looking for someone special to contribute to our unique culture.
The XP/Lean Coach will generally have the following responsibilities:
- Guide and mentor client teams to follow appropriate software development practices based on where the team is
- Help identify and facilitate existing blockers and impediments – directly or by advising the best path to tackle blocking issues
- Facilitate decision making and conflict resolution
- Collaborate with product and leadership teams to prepare and clarify the product backlog
- Support the transformation within the client company
- Introduce and facilitate approaches and practices
- Build a trust environment where problems can be shared and solved
- Communicate with the leadership team and other stakeholders to improve the outcome of agile team transformations
- Collaborate in finding and fostering synergies within and between teams in order to boost efficiency and motivation
- The ideal candidate will have exceptional communications skills, strong initiative, and be able to work with minimal supervision
The successful candidate will typically have the following qualifications:
- Experience with refactoring code smells and legacy code
- Knowledge of different approaches (XP, Scrum, SAFe, Lean,, etc.)
- Experience with Systems Thinking and Lean Flow
- Deep software development skills
- Strong people and communication skills
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English
- Strategic thinker with coaching skills
- Ability to speak candidly with consideration
- Over five years of professional experience
- Prior experience working remotely is a plus
- Ability to travel extensively, if needed
Sound interesting? If you think so, please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with an email that has:
- A subject line that includes "XP/Lean Coach"
- Your resume
- A brief statement on why you'd like to join our company
Our sincere thanks for your time and interest in Industrial Logic. We look forward to hearing from you!