How long does it take you to push a change live to your users? Hours? Days? Worse?
Are your scheduled software deployments a source of frustration, stress and downtime?
Have you ever built a feature only to find out it must be rewritten to work in your production environment?
Continuous Deployment takes the pain out of software delivery so you can focus on making happy customers.
Learn how to set up a Build-Test-Deploy pipeline in popular environments like Pivotal Cloud Foundry and Amazon Web Services. Also practice incrementally releasing features and schema changes while effectively monitoring your deployments.
- Day 1: Working With Your Deployment Pipeline
- The Basics of Continuous Deployment
- Continuously Deploying Large Non-Incremental Features
- Continuous Schema Changes
- Build-Test-Deploy Pipeline Optimization
- Day 2: Safe, Zero Downtime Deployments
- Scaling Automated Tests
- Production Monitoring for Software Developers
- Zero Downtime Deployments
- Cluster Immune System
Knowledge: 60%, Skill-Building: 40%
- Understand essential Continuous Deployment basics
- Gain a working vocabulary of the Build-Test-Deploy pipeline
- Learn how to incrementally release features and schema changes
- Understand how to monitor deployments
- Learn what a Cluster Immune System is
Interactive Dialogues, Exercises, Online eLearning, and Instructional Games
Primary: Programmers, architects, and designers
Secondary: Dev Ops, Web Ops
Required: Some understanding of Continuous Integration
Highly Recommended: Some understanding of Automated Testing
To ensure a successful class, we require the following facilities:
- VGA projector (1024x768 minimum)
- Projector screen
- Speakers (to connect instructor's machines. Sound should be audible to the whole class)
- White board
- Dry erase markers
- Flip chart and stand
- Ample room for students in terms of room size and set up (prefer U-Shape seating)
- At least one powerful workstation per two programmers (at least Dual Core Processor with 2 GB RAM)
- High-speed Internet Access (at least 2 Mbps Line) to http://elearning.industriallogic.com
Students need to have their development environment set up before class begins.
Flash 9 (or higher) is required to watch our videos — download for free.
Each student will need a pair of headphones to watch our videos.
Once an agreement for the workshop is confirmed, we will work with your designated contact to ensure that the environment is configured properly prior to the workshop.